The Good: This is low cost medical insurance for non U.S. citizens visiting the U.S. One of the original travel medical insurance plans designed specifically for U.S. visitors, you choose the medical, evacuation, and accidental death limits as well as your deductible. Options available for hazardous activities. This plan covers trips of 15 days up to a full year. Ideal for international visitors to the U.S. and new U.S. immigrants who have not yet purchased other health care coverage.
The Drawbacks: One version of the plan is only available to those up to age 69. Repatriation coverage may not be enough depending on the location of the traveler’s home country.
The Bottom Line: Strong financial protection offered at two plan levels, this is ideal coverage for visitors to the U.S., where health care costs are extremely high. Optional coverage for hazardous activities rounds out the coverage for active travelers.
|Medical expenses||$50,000 or $100,000|
|Emergency evacuations||$75,000 or $100,000|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Select your plan limits and deductible amount to customize the plan for your needs.
- Coverage for incidental travel to Canada, Mexico and other U.S. territories (up to 14 days) is included.
- Includes a family travel benefit for emergency medical reunion and return of minor children (each up to $10,000).
- Includes $50,000 or $100,000 in 24-hour AD&D in base plan.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional additional flight-only AD&D up to $250,000.
- Optional additional AD&D up to $100,000.
- Optional coverage for hazardous activities covers motorcycling, sky diving, SCUBA diving and a number of activities automatically excluded from the base plan.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Coinsurance limits apply and the plan includes no emergency dental coverage.
- No flight accident AD&D in the base plan.
- Medical expense limits are reduced for travelers over age 70.