The Good: This plan covers all the essential benefits with adequate limits and includes a lot of extras like coverage for change fees and redepositing frequent flyer points. Optional benefits enhance the plan with rental car coverage and cancellations due to work reasons. Kids under 17 are covered at no additional cost when traveling with a parent or grandparent.
The Drawbacks: The medical coverage may be low if you’re traveling outside the U.S., and there’s no coverage for AD&D or flight accidents.
The Bottom Line: This is a comprehensive travel insurance with adequate limits for most of the benefits. While emergency medical coverage may be low, the evacuation coverage is high, as is travel delay and missed connection coverage. Plus, the plan offers some valuable extras and optional plan add-ons at very affordable prices.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Kids under 18 are covered at no additional cost.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption are extensive and include separation or divorce, job loss, felonious assault, normal pregnancy, foreign and domestic terrorism, natural disasters, financial default, and more,
- Pre-existing medical conditions covered if plan is purchased within 14 days of initial trip purchase and 100% of nonrefundable trip costs are covered.
- Plan includes up to $250 for redepositing frequent flyer points.
- Change fees are also covered up to $250.
- Plan includes 24-hour emergency assistance services for medical and travel emergencies, legal assistance, emergency cash, flight information and more.
- Financial default coverage included if purchased within 14 days of initial trip deposit (conditions apply).
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional rental car damage protection for up to $40,000 at just $9 a day.
- Optional ‘required to work’ coverage available for only $25/per adult (purchase within 14 days of initial trip deposit).
As with any type of insurance, terms, conditions, and exclusions apply.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No coverage for AD&D or flight accidents.
- Plans with 0$ trip cost will not have trip cancellation or interruption benefits.
- The coverage limit for medical care may be too low if your trip is outside the U.S.
- The baggage delay time frame (24 hours) is relatively long when compared to other plans.