The Good: This is Global Alert’s high-end travel insurance plan with high coverage limits and car rental collision coverage is included in the base plan. Pre-existing medical conditions are waived and the optional ‘cancel for any reason’ is available if the plan is purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit.
The Drawbacks: Not all benefits are available to residents of all U.S. states.
The Bottom Line: This is exceptional coverage for the discriminating traveler who wants the best protection and high maximums. Throw in Global Alert’s enhanced worldwide travel services, which include concierge services and business services, and you have all the coverage you need for any trip you can imagine.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Plan includes non medical emergency evacuation coverage up to $25,000 and hospital of choice (conditions apply).
- The baggage delay benefit is unique in that is provides $200 after the first 12 hours a bag is missing and another $200 the second day.
- Includes car rental collision coverage in the base plan.
- Travel delay time frame is relatively short, and the maximum coverage is generous.
- The baggage loss benefit is higher than other plans.
- The emergency medical and evacuation/repatriation coverage is comfortably high.
- It includes both 24-hour and flight accident AD&D (differing limits).
- Includes One Call Worldwide Travel Services for pre-trip travel services and 24-hour travel emergencies, concierge services, and business services.
- Includes secure access to an online patient medical records through Global Xpi.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional ‘cancel for any reason’ benefit for up to 100% of trip costs (penalty schedule applies) if purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit. See the penalty schedule.
- Automatic pre-existing condition waiver if plan is purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Car rental collision coverage not available to residents of Texas