The Good: When you know you’ll be taking multiple trips throughout the year, having a single plan makes sense because you won’t have to keep up with multiple benefits and coverage limits. This plan is an annual medical plan that includes a number of package-like benefits.
The Drawbacks: This plan’s medical limits are relatively low when compared to other plans.
The Bottom Line: This is basic medical and travel insurance protection to cover the essentials for multiple trips for one full year.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Including a number of package-like benefits, this plan covers trip cancellation, interruptions, travel delays. lost or delayed luggage, and more.
- Includes car rental collision coverage up to $25,000 in base plan (location restrictions apply).
- Coverage for redeposit fees imposed by the airline if you cancel your trip (for a covered reason) and recover your frequent traveler points.
- $25,000 24-hour AD&D is included in the base plan.
- Baggage loss up to $1,000 and baggage delays (after 24 hours) up to $200 in base plan.
- Car rental damage protection up to $25,000.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption are broad and include inclement weather, natural disaster, domestic and foreign terrorism, loss of destination accommodations, and more.
- Advance payments (up to the plan limit) will be arranged to guarantee your emergency care.
- Coverage available for pre-existing conditions (certain requirements apply).
- Coverage is automatically extended up to 7 days if you are unavoidably delayed in your return.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Individual trips must be no longer than 45 days each.
- Trip cancellation protection is limited, as is the trip interruption coverage.
- Coverage does not extend to locations where a terrorist incident has occurred in the 30 days prior to your plan’s effective date.
- No coverage for high-risk sports activities.
As with any type of insurance, terms, conditions, and exclusions apply.